BREAKING NEWS

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Books Bought Meme


This is a meme hosted by Cindy at Cindy's Love of Books, where you list your books or bookish items bought either in a week or month or whenever. The only catch to this meme is that they have to be items that you physically bought either at an indie store, big chain store, yard sale, library sale etc.

Last week I went to donate some clothing at my local charity, and I always stop to see if they have any interesting books on sale. I was thrilled to get the four following books for a total of $1.00.

Looking For Peyton Place by Barbara Delinsky (I love books based on actual events.)
The Secret Between Us by Barbara Delinsky
Ya-Yas in Bloom by Rebecca Wells (heard so much about this book, but never got a chance to read it)
Jane and The Stillroom Maid by Stephanie Barron (This is a Jane Austen Mystery. I heard about this series on other blogs.)

Although used, the books are in such good condition, they look almost new.




So what books have you bought this week or this month?

Share this:

3 comments :

  1. This month has been a bit of an exception for me. I usually only buy books from thrift stores or library sales but this month I bought The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. LOVE them. I also bought a Daphne du Maurier memoir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Kim. I will have to keep a close eye on your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura - thanks for your comments on my blog.

    I know I didn't say where the store is in my blog post - I guess I was afraid it might seem like one big ad for it.

    The store is in Pointe-Claire Village, 15 Cartier, very close to the corner of Lakeshore. It's open right now on M/W/F/S and Sundays, the usual store hours. I can email you the phone number if you like.

    We will soon have a display shelf for local authors to showcase their books and we would welcome the addition of your novel.

    Again, thanks so much for your support.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate your feedback.

Visit Us Today

Visit Us Today
iRead: getting your book in the hands of readers
 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2009-2017 Laura Fabiani Library of Clean Reads . Designed by OddThemes OddThemes