BREAKING NEWS

Friday, March 5, 2010

Attack of the Tyrannosaurus: Dinosaur Cove Series #1 by Rex Stone

Attack of the Tyrannosaurus: Dinosaur Cove Series #1 by Rex Stone (Rated: C)
Scholastic Inc
ISBN: 978-0-545-05377-8
Published May 1, 2008
Softcover,  68 pages
Ages 6-10

Publisher's Synopsis:
Eight year-olds Tom and Jamie can't believe their luck when they find a secret entrance to a prehistoric world filled with dinosaurs. The first dinosaur they meet is friendly, but soon, they meet a much less friendly dino: a T-Rex that would like to eat them. First in a new series.

Our Thoughts:
I don’t know how we missed the Dinosaur Cove series, but my kids and I are happy to have discovered them. My 6 year-old son who loves anything dinosaur, was delighted to have first my husband read the whole book to him and then myself. My 8 year-old daughter joined us for the second reading. Needless to say, my son LOVED this book and can’t wait for me to read him the second book in this series. My daughter enjoyed it too.

This book is great for learning because it includes interesting facts about the dinosaurs it features in the story. Right at the start of the book, fact files on the characters and the dinosaurs that look like they were retrieved from a computer screen get the readers in a “let’s discover” mode. The black and white illustrations are perfect for this age group and the maps and glossary are an added bonus.

The story is well paced, adventurous with inquisitive boy characters who become fast friends. There’s plenty of action and suspense without being scary. I did tell my kids that, although discovering and exploring a cave was imaginative and fun in the book, they were never to venture into one without an adult.

This is a great series for both boys and girls who love dinosaurs and exploring the outdoors. We look forward to reading the next book in this exciting series!

Watch Book Trailer:


Disclosure: Thank you to Nikole from Scholastic Canada for sending us this book for review. I was not compensated in any other way, nor told how to rate or review this product.


Share this:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate your feedback.

Visit Us Today

Visit Us Today
iRead: getting your book in the hands of readers
 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2009-2017 Laura Fabiani Library of Clean Reads . Designed by OddThemes OddThemes