BREAKING NEWS

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Woman's Agenda 2011: Celebrating Movers and Shakers by Karen Helm

A Woman's Agenda 2011: Celebrating Movers and Shakers by Karen Helm
Second Story Press
ISBN: 978-1897187739
Published July 1, 2010
Spiral-bound,  192 pages

I love agendas. I guess that’s because I like to be organized, not that I’m always … uhmm … organized. But I know I can’t live without one. Agendas help me to see how chaotic my world can get (if I don’t attempt to organize it) and how to solve my dilemma of not having enough time. Enter A Woman’s Agenda 2011: Celebrating Movers and Shakers by Karen Helm. I instantly liked this agenda from the moment I received it in the mail. Let me tell you why.

The first thing I noticed is its practicality. Its 5½ X 8½ size fits into an average purse. It’s also sturdily spiral-bound, allowing the agenda to stay open easily and to write into it without difficulty. It’s a weekly agenda (my favourite) where you can see a full week spread on two pages with adequate room to write your daily and evening activities. A section for notes is included at the beginning and end of every month as well as an address book at the end of the agenda. It’s simple and uncluttered.

The only two things missing that I have found useful in other agendas I’ve used throughout the years are: a marker or tab to indicate where you’ve left off and a monthly calendar at the beginning of each month to set one’s monthly goals at a glance. For me, a marker is useful to quickly turn to the current week without having to flip through the pages, and a monthly calendar to visually plan my activities for the month ahead.

Apart from this, what makes this agenda unique is that it showcases “remarkable women of various backgrounds, disciplines, personalities and life challenges”. Twelve women in all. Some of these inspiring women include Dr. Vandana Shiva, physicist and ecologist; Dr. Cornelia Wieman, Canada’s first female Aboriginal psychiatrist; and Judith Snow, an inclusion activist (for the disabled). It then includes a weekly quote from the woman showcased that month.

This agenda is empowering for women. We are all in our own way movers and shakers, and this agenda can remind us of our own unique contribution to our families and society. I can’t wait to start using it in January.

Disclosure: Thanks to Annie from Second Story Press for sending me this agenda for review. I was not compensated in any other way, nor told how to rate or review this product.

Share this:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate your feedback.

Visit Us Today

Visit Us Today
iRead: getting your book in the hands of readers
 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2009-2017 Laura Fabiani Library of Clean Reads . Designed by OddThemes OddThemes