BREAKING NEWS

Thursday, December 15, 2011

2012 Short Story Reading Challenge - Sign Up

Photobucket

I haven't read one book this year that is a collection of short stories although I have several on my bookshelf, so I have decided to challenge myself. I have looked for this challenge and even contacted the person who once hosted it several times without getting a response, so I have decided to go ahead and host it. I hope you will join me! You need to read only one book if you join at the first level, so why not try it?

Rules:
  • Challenge runs from January 1, 2012 to December 31st, 2012. You can join anytime.
  • Books from other challenges count as long as they are a collection of short stories.
  • Books can be children's, middle-grade, YA and adult fiction and non-fiction.
  • Write a post and link it below including the URL to that sign-up post.
Levels:
  • Tell me a Story: 1 to 3 books.
  • Stories Abound: 4 to 6 books.
  • Tales Galore: 7 to 9 books
  • Anthology Supreme: 10 to 12 books.
Linking your reviews is optional but I encourage it so that we can discover what collection of short story books you've read. Here is the Link Review Page. Not sure what to read? Here is a list from Goodreads of popular short stories books. Hope you join us!



Share this:

16 comments :

  1. I'm all over this one. I think I have 3 books of short stories. I keep meaning to read them but never do. This is a great way to get them done!! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Love reading short stories. I've posted at my place. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/2012-reading-challenge_1608.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the challenge for me! I've also felt guilty about the collections I want to read but never seemed to get around to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I said I wasn't signing up for any more challenges - but I love short story collections ... how can I pass this Up?!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one in particular on my shelf that needs to be read! Because of my extensive amount of challenges that I entered, and this being my first year at trying them, I am going conservative at the Tell me a Story level..hoping to pass that up though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah, I'm finishing a set of short stories now >.> Oh well, this should be lots of fun.

    ~Ella
    http://munchingontheapple.wordpress.com/in-the-kitchen-challenges-for-2012/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen this challenge before - cute graphic! Looking forward to it.

    I plan to join Time Travel Challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first challenge and I am new to the world of blogging. So I'm not sure how far I will get :) I still can't figure out how to add the pretty buttons to my page. hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops. Well. Ok. I linked my whole blog rather than the POST to my blog. If the mod wants to remove me from Mr. Linky, I'll try again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @LostinKudzu
    I changed your link on Mr Linky. It now leads to your challenge post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really excited for this one - I participate on Short Story Wednesdays and this challenge should be something that I'll be able to stick with quite easily for the year. It's a really good idea! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going for Tell Me a Story level. I used to write a lot of book reviews on my blog but since have not been able to find the time. Hopefully this will get me back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Laura! I have a few books that will fit right in, so I'll sign up, but I was wondering if only collections & anthologies can be counted, or maybe we can count novellas, too? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Aleksandra
    Yes, only collections and anthologies. No novellas. Hope you still decide to sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you can tell that I don't usually do challenges by the very fact that I messed up signing up for this one. My first linky entry went to the wrong post, so I submitted a second (correct) link. Sorry about that.

    I usually read an review several short short collection each year, so this will be fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate your feedback.

Visit Us Today

Visit Us Today
iRead: getting your book in the hands of readers
 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2009-2017 Laura Fabiani Library of Clean Reads . Designed by OddThemes OddThemes